Sunday, August 16, 2015

Crispy & Sweet Parmesan Coconut Shrimp

I'm kind of on this Shrimp kick. I love Coconut Shrimp but it's not that healthy being deep fried and coated in flour and coconut. So I thought I'd dabble in some Shrimp recipes I thought up in my head. No background recipes either...let's hope you enjoy this Shrimp as much as we did! :P

*I used Frozen Raw Shrimp that's been peeled, deveined, and it's ready-to-cook, then I thaw it! 1 lb Shrimp cooks down to about 13-14 ounces. Serving size should be about 3 ounces of Crispy & Sweet Parmesan Coconut Shrimp, makes about 3 small servings worth.

Be sure to add your meal into your myfitnesspal app and to weigh/measure out all of your portions!

Serves 2 people
Time: 30 min

What you'll need:
15 oz - 1 lb Shrimp, thawed, un-cooked, peeled and deveined
1/4 cup Coconut (I couldn't find sugar free but if you can, try it!)
6 tsp Kraft Parmesean Cheese
3 Tbsp Egg Whites
1 tsp Cholula Original Hot Sauce

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. In one bowl add Egg Whites and Cholula; mix thoroughly (wet mixture)
3. In another bowl add Parmesan, Coconut, and Pepper; mix together (dry mixture)
4. Have a cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil or use a cooling rack on top of a cookie sheet and lightly spray with cooking oil. The cooling rack will help you get that 360 crispiness you want instead of overcooking your shrimp (I don't have a real cooling rack so I improvised :)
5. Dip one Shrimp in the Wet mixture then straight into the Dry mixture and right onto your cooling rack sheet; repeat until all Shrimp have been coated and placed upon cooling rack sheet
*My set up:
6. Cook for about 6 min, then pop in the broiler for 2 more min until pink and crispy
*Before:
*After:
7. Measure out and enjoy!

*I served mine with some mixed salad!

1 Serving Size:
3 oz Crispy & Sweet Parmesan Coconut Shrimp 158 calories
Total: 158 Calories 18.7 grams Protein

No comments:

Post a Comment