Sunday, August 9, 2015

Garlic Parmesan Shrimp and a Fennel & Arugula Salad with a Lemon Vinaigrette Dressing!

This meal comes to you from Pinterest (see below for the link)! :P I needed some new and different dinner ideas and Brian suggested something with Shrimp. I do NOT cook seafood nor eat it unless I see the coast (I know, whaaaat?) but I thought I'd make an exception because I love him ;) 

*Note: I used frozen, peeled and deveined raw shrimp (ready to cook). I thawed it by running it through cold water, letting it sit for 5-10 min, then straining it in a colander and letting it rest until my Fennel was sliced.

Be sure to add your meal into your myfitnesspal app and to weigh/measure out all of your portions!

Serves 4 people
Time: 30-45 min

What You'll Need for the Garlic Shrimp:

1 pound Shrimp, thawed, un-cooked, peeled and deveined
4 Cloves Garlic, minced or chopped (your preference)
1/2 tsp Dried Oregano 
1/2 tsp Dried Basil 
8 tsp Grated Parmesan (I used Kraft)
Juice of a Lemon (about 1-2 Tbsp worth)
Salt and Pepper to taste


What You'll Need for the Fennel & Arugula Salad with the Lemon Vinaigrette Dressing:
5 ounces Baby Arugala
3-5 ounces Fennel, thinly sliced
1 Tbsp EVOO
1 tsp Lemon Zest
2 Tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
1/4 tsp Salt
Pepper to taste
1/8-1/4 cup Fresh sliced Parmesan to serve

Directions for Garlic Parmesan Shrimp:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees

2. Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and lightly spray with cooking oil
3. In a bowl, add your thawed Shrimp, minced Garlic, Oregano, Basil, Parmesan cheese, Salt & Pepper. Toss thoroughly 
*If you like some spice, add some Tony's Creole Seasoning :)
4. On your cookie sheet, spread your coated Shrimp evenly, no overlapping pieces. Lightly spray with cooking oil
5. Cook for about 6-8 minutes
6. Top with a spritz of Fresh Lemon Juice, measure out portions and enjoy!

Directions for Fennel & Arugula Salad and the Lemon Vinaigrette Dressing:
1.  In a large serving bowl add your washed Arugula, sliced Fennel
2. In a dressing jar or over your salad add EVOO, Lemon Zest, Lemon Juice, Salt, & Pepper. Mix well
3. Place over salad, tossing so it gets covered. Top with Fresh Parmesan cheese
4. Measure out portions and serve immediately! Enjoy!

*Pair both together for an amazing, full of flavor, quick dinner! 
 
1 Serving Size:
3.3 ounces Garlic Shrimp 152 calories

1/4 of your Fennel & Arugula Salad with the Lemon Vinaigrette Dressing 65 calories
Total: 217 Calories


*Thanks to http://damndelicious.net/2014/12/05/garlic-parmesan-roasted-shrimp/ for this awesome and simple Garlic Parmesan Shrimp recipe. I changed a few things to fit my palette and cooking style, but overall simply divine! As for the Fennel & Arugula Salad and Lemon Vinaigrette Dressing, I simply saw it on the Food Network Channel-Rachael Ray's "3 in a Bag"-so my hat is off to her :)

No comments:

Post a Comment