Friday, October 2, 2015

Protein Pumpkin Pancakes

I love this time of year! Yes, I love PUMPKIN everything but I love all the other things about fall too! I was feeling extra chipper last Sunday so I thought I'd get my fix of pumpkin through a protein rich pancake!! WHOO! Enjoy!

Be sure to add your meal into your myfitnesspal app and to weigh/measure out all of your portions!

Serves 3-4 people
Time: 45 min

What you'll need: 
1 can Pumpkin Puree (not pumpkin pie filling!!)
1/2 cup Egg Whites
2 scoops Vanilla Protein Powder (I used a ON performace Vanilla Whey) 
1 Tbsp Ground Flax Seed (or flour of your choice)
1 Tbsp Water
2 tsp Pumpkin Spice
2 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Baking Powder

Directions:
1. Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. If it looks too thick add some water
2. Lightly spray a skillet or pan with cooking oil and light to medium heat
3. Making sure the pan is hot, using a 1/4 cup, scoop out 2-3 pancakes at a time. Thin them out if they're thick (mine were and I loved them this way)
4. Let them cook slowly! Mine took about 5-10 min each side; I know that seems really long but mine were thick so I let them cook. If you want that fluffy pancakes feel cook them covered, they will puff right up and cook faster :)
5. Serve with some warm syrup and walnuts and enjoy!
*Makes 9, 1/4 cup sized pancakes!

1 Serving Size: 
2 pancakes 110 calories
7.5 grams No salt-Walnuts 50 calories
1/8 cup Mrs. Butter-Worth's Sugar Free Syrup 10 calories
Total: 170 Calories 15.8 grams Protein

No comments:

Post a Comment