Sunday, October 11, 2015

Date Night at Home Made Easy! Flatbread Pizza in less than 20 min!

My boyfriend loves pizza but I hate spending the money on crappy greasy pizza. I love homemade pizza and this one is so easy to whip up for a last min date night spent at home! I paired my pizza with a Crisp and Natural Hard Apple Cider. Nothing says Fall like chilly nights snuggled up at home with pizza and a movie :)

This recipe is really easy because you make the pizza YOU WANT! And everyone can make any type of pizza they enjoy too! It's fun and a cute way to spice up your Saturday nights!

Be sure to add your recipe into your myfitnesspal app and to weigh/measure out all of your portions!  

Serves 2-3 people
Time: 20 min 

What you'll need:
2-3 Flat Breads (I used Flat Out's Light Sundried Tomato Flat Bread)
Pizza Sauce
Mozzarella Cheese (I used No Fat Mozzarella)
Your Favorite Toppings, diced into small pieces
*Optional: Red Pepper Flakes and Italian Seasoning

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and lightly spray with cooking oil
3. Place FlatBreads on to the baking sheet and bake for 3-5 min. This will help them crisp up and not get soggy
4. In a saute pan, lightly sprayed with cooking oil and placed on medium heat. Add your chopped up veggies and saute them for about 5-10 min depending on what you have. I used an ounce of each of the following veggies: Spinach, Mushrooms, Red Pepper, Green Pepper, Red Onion and 1/2 tsp of minced Garlic (you cook them before hand because they don't spend much time in the oven to fully cook down)
5. Spread 1/8 cup of Pizza Sauce onto 1 Flat Bread and sprinkle on Red Pepper Flakes and Italian Seasoning
6. Your choice: add toppings underneath the cheese or on top of the cheese! I cut my Flat Breads in half so we could fit all 3 Flat Breads on my cookie sheet (also because it's like you're getting 2 mini pizzas:). So 1 half got the toppings below the cheese with 6 Turkey Pepperonis on top and the other half got the toppings on top of the cheese with no Turkey Pepperoni (a veggie pizza)
7. Place into the oven for 8-10 min, until your cheese is melted! 
8. Slice up and enjoy! 
(And YES, the pic below is my whole Flat Bread Pizza for 231 calories!!!)
1 Serving Size:
1 Flat Bread Pizza (with the above toppings)
Total: 231 Calories 

No comments:

Post a Comment