Thursday, December 31, 2015

2015 Reflections

I think it is so important to take the time to reflect. I wanted to share with you guys my 2015 year and how many things I was able to accomplish just by believing in myself, setting goals, and making a point to have fun!

My 2015 New Year Resolutions were:
1. Lose 25 lbs by July 11, 2015
2. Going to the gym at least 5 days a week
3. Read 5 new books
4. Try a new recipe every month
5. Indulge in a treat 1/2 every 2 weeks

#1: I hit that goal a month EARLY and over 25 lbs lost! I was ecstatic and so proud of all my hard work! I couldn't believe I was reaching my biggest goal and NOT being your typical NYE person saying they wanted to loose weight and not following through with it. The next challenge after that was reach my ideal weight of 130 lbs. I did that 1 week before December 1, 2015 (my year anniversary to my healthier lifestyle change)!! 

#2: I not only went 5 days a week, I eventually went 6 days a week and then 7 days a week! I loved the feeling of accomplishment it gave me. Some weeks were better than others but I was killing my goals, one right after the other! I try to remember to give my body a day of rest when I truly think it needs it, just an FYI :P

#3: I know this probably sounds so dumb but I just didn't read enough in 2014; so I made a point to try in 2015! The books I read included:
- Insurgent by Veronica Roth
- Allegiant by Veronica Roth 
- The Witches Daughter by Paula Brackston
- Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? by Mindy Kaling
- The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein

#4: Check out my Blog :P You'll see that I succeeded that and much more! I had a total of 63 Blog posts!! What's funny is it kept me motivated to keep trying new foods and to try and put a healthy spin on recipes! I totally recommend this for health nuts!

#5: This one was a weird resolution to track because I didn't deny myself treats. I simply kept things in moderation. Though the holiday seasons, including Birthdays and Anniversaries, were very hard! I love, love, love sweets and I have a hard time keeping treats to just that, a treat! But it's a work in progress :) I should also mention if I did slack on this that I made sure not to SKIP a workout or laze around the house! I made sure my workouts were 100% 

I am so proud of myself for accomplishing these and more! I completed my first ever 5k and tried new foods like all vegan meals! I'm excited to see what's next :D

Now for 2016 New Year Resolutions...I have been thinking some over for a few days. I try to keep these realistic not outlandish ideas with no thought put into them! So here we go:
1. Practice bettering myself by improving my mental space. This includes forgiving others and letting things in the past and present, that are not in my control, go. I struggle with anxiety and at times it's SO HARD to think clearly. I want this new year to be different. I want to handle situations better than I have in the past and I also want to set a good example for others around me. I think I can do this, though it will be hard to "measure" this goal. 
2. Work on gaining muscle. Meaning I've got to let the scale go haha not really and focus on my BMI. I hope to increase how much I lift presently by at least 20 lbs by next year!
3. Finish a 10k. Yikes this makes me so nervous but I think I can handle the big 10k!!
4. Travel to a new place. I don't care where but it's got to be new!
5. Be more thankful. In the world we live in it can be so hard to pause and think about how lucky we really are! I hope I take more time to reflect and to be thankful for what I have and what's most important; my family and friends <3

So cheers to a New Year guys! I wish you all the best <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment