Sunday, April 19, 2015

Chicken Pesto Pasta!

I love pesto! I was scavenging around the pantry trying to decide what to make for dinner. I saw pesto (I had gotten it for a soup earlier this month and haven't used it since), chicken and Spaghetti squash. I had never made a "pesto pasta" dish before so I thought WHY NOT!! Plus pesto is the bomb...and easy to make if you're in a pinch! I will post that one later :)

Serves 2-4 people
Time: 40 min

What You'll Need:
1 Spaghetti Squash (mine made 4-6 cups worth)
14 oz Chicken breast
1/4 cup Simply Pesto
1-2 tbsp Italian seasoning (salt-free)

Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees
2. Cut Spaghetti Squash in half (long ways), gut seeds (toss out), place on an aluminum lined cooking sheet with 1/2 cup water
3. Season Squash with Italian seasoning and cook for 30 min
4. Cut and trim Chicken Breast then cube it to preferred size. Place onto sauteing pan that's been lightly sprayed with non-stick cooking spray
5. Cook Chicken thoroughly and place into large mixing bowl
6. Add cooked Spaghetti Squash (already pulled) to mixing bowl
7. Add 1/4 cup pesto to mixing bowl, MIX WELL! *A little pesto goes a LONG way!* (I shook mine in a large Tupperware container)
8. Voila! You've just made some LOW CAL Chicken Pesto Pasta! Measure out 1 cup and enjoy!

*Mine made 6 cups worth!

1 Serving Size:
1 cup Chicken Pesto Pasta 133 calories
2 tsp Parmesan Cheese 20 calories
Total Calories: 153 calories

No comments:

Post a Comment